May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Jump Off

Dating. Yes I have been, and despite my natural instinct to nest with the first man who doesn't get on my nerves and has the ability to make me laugh, I have not done so....yet (and don't plan on it...yet). Yay Me. I'm going slow this time - not letting History repeat itself.

Friday night was Cherry Martini Memorial Day Weekend Jump off night. I don't mean jump off like a booty call, I mean jump off to the Memorial Day weekend. LCG came over with the martini ingredients and some cherries. I personally prefer maraschino cherries in my martinis, but he came over with some big ass seeded cherries to slam dunk, I mean slide, into the martinis. It was the thought that counts, I laughed my ass off. A for effort. I guess he doesn't drink cherry martinis often. Probably a good thing - he might be unknowingly ridiculed like pineapple cup was. I quickly forgot about the big ass seeded cherries though when he pulled out the roses - it was sweet and Fuck, I'm not used to this.

It was fun. Too bad Esq couldn't join in on the festivities. We polished off the cherry vodka and pomegranate schnapps (I didn't know that flavor existed!) and when we were done I sang a couple Metallica Songs on the XBOX because I RAWK.

2 comments:

  1. Sadness!

    So that's where the flowers came from?! I thought they were the leftovers from your birthday... you know the solos that somehow cling to dear life and every little piece of flower food that they can suck in? lol.

    Next Martini night I'm there... even if I'm a third wheel and pass out on the couch when you start that Guitar Hero stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yeah. The other joints died a couple days later. He brought those ones Friday.

    ReplyDelete