May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

May 5 - Cinco de Mayo - Observed in the United States and other locations around the world as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride (not to be confused with Mexican Independence Day September 16th).

On a side note: Today is my nephews Birthday - I have to give him a shout out, I mean, I am his favorite Aunt - I'm extremely smooth, right? Happy Birthday Nephew - I love you!

All I know is that growing up in Southern California, 7 miles from the border, in addition to spending a large portion of my junior and senior years of High School in Tijuana partying it up at club XS and on Revolucion, for me, Cinco de Mayo is a reason to drink heavily and act a fool.


Anyhow, I'll celebrate tomorrow. Strawberry Margaritas in really big, gay looking plastic over sized martini tumblers. Awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment