April 2, 2009

Blind Dates...

I tend to shy away from utilizing the word date or any semblance of the word date when it comes to meeting someone new in a bar/Happy Hour situation because, well, I don't go expecting the guy to pick up my tab. What if he's a snap dragon and I have to casually slip out through the kitchen? For all intents and purposes, it is not a date.

I digress....

Blind Meeting #1 - E40 (not sure how exactly that came about, but I'll roll with it) and I were actually supposed to meet a couple weeks ago. It should have gone like this: I get off work, E40 gets off work, we go to our homes, freshen up, meet up at the bar, drink and be merry until 5:15.....Hmmmm, didn't quite happen as anticipated. I suppose E40 decided that due to the strenuous work day, he needed to take a power nap at 2:30 in the afternoon knowing that we would be meeting up in about an hour. It wasn't set to be a long meeting either, just a couple drinks. I had other obligations for the evening. Needless to say, the 5.5 minute power nap turned into a Rip Van Winkle sleep-a-thon. He called that night and for the rest of the weekend, I duly ignored his calls. Can you blame me?

Blind Meeting #1 (part duex) - The next Friday, let's try again. Why not. He did a good job being persistently apologetic about his Rip Van Winkle-ism. Same plan, same place, same time. After a few drinks, and quite a few laughs, turns out that E40 is not so bad after all.

1 comment:

  1. SNAPPY SNAP DRAGON!!!! LMFAO!

    "Have you ever known one not to?!"

    ReplyDelete