April 18, 2009

Adventures in the Mother Hood

One thing I haven't talked about are my (mis)adventures in the mother hood. Being a single mother has it's ups and downs, but being a single mother with an 8 year old boy who thinks he knows everything and is somewhat sensitive, trying to find the man of my dreams, and keeping those worlds from colliding - OH BOY.

Let's all thank the man upstairs for my quick wit and amazing sense of humor *blink*

I'm not sure why Esq finds hilarity in my suffering, but reading her recollection of events, I have to admit, is actually HILARIOUS.

My child stinks conversation

B: I stink you said I stink
Me: no I said you've been running around playing in the grass yeah you smell bad
B gets mad and storms upstairs
Me: damn am I not allowed to tell my child he doesn't smell right?! If he stinks he stinks!

The Hide and Seek Conversation

Me: B, I can hear you!
B: but you can't see Me!
Me: but I can hear you!
B: so where am I?
Me and Esq: behind the table!
B: whatever I'm going upstairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment