January 1, 2009

Another year gone...

Yes, another year come and gone. 2008 is officially over and 2009 is here!!!! (can you sense the excitement in my typing??) 2008 has been a bad year, I'm sure everyone is going to make that claim, insert standard toast line:

"[past year here] has sucked donkey ballz, lets make [new year here] better."

I have to say though, that mine really DID suck. I've been essentially alone on NYE for as long as I can remember. NYE 2006 - was with my man at the time, but he decided sleeping was more important. NYE 2007 - house full of people but the one I wanted to be standing next to me and share a kiss with when the ball dropped decided that the guests were more important - I mean damn, could I get 5 seconds? NYE 2008 - a busted ass new years eve to close out the busted ass year. However, to offset the complaining, let me look on the bright side:

  • I'm alive.
  • I'm still employed contrary to the current status of the economy.
  • I have a roof over my head and will continue to have a roof over my head given my employment status does not change.
  • I have my son (however not with me for the Holidays).
I suppose I had options for tonight, but nobody I truly would have liked to share the evening with - whether friends or a date - were around, i.e. nobody cared to ask if I wanted to hang out. I got more invited from perfect strangers than from my "closest" friends.

Is it that serious though? It's just another night and I need to pull myself together.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment