November 30, 2008

My missed connections

It never fails, when I'm ready you're not and when you're ready, I'm not. It's been the one constant in my life. He wanted me, but I wasn't ready or willing for whatever reason, then I wanted him but he wasn't ready or willing.....and/or vice versa. I think that's happened in every relationship. I must put an end to this circle of missed connections! What's that quote? You know the one about loving and leaving and some other crap.......

"Never leave the one that loves you for the one you like because the one you like will leave you for the one they love"

The other version is completely wrong and makes no sense, so if some wannabe poetic woman tries to make that her MySpace headline, tell her she's a dumbass and her college education did her no good (if she truly has one) because she's employed as a bartender. Did I mention that I despise Korea, and any mention of that country will invoke an evil stare followed by a "Get the Fuck out of my face"?

Wow I digress.

So the incorrect version is "Never leave the one you love for the one you like because the one you like will leave you for the one they love." This just completely lacks sense, because well, if I was leaving the hypothetic one that I loved for someone else, then hmmmm, I would imagine that I no longer loved him.

I was in love once......I think. If I had REALLY been in love, why would I have made the decisions that I've made thus far. If someone were REALLY in love with me, I would never be hurt and be living my happily ever after. Amazing - life theories are simply full of shit, yet I never give up.

Signed,
Optimistic but bitter

2 comments:

  1. I love you regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the correct version is fatally flawed in that it assumes the one you like doesn't love you. That might be the case, but if the one you like loves you, then the saying is moot and the only one hurt is the other person that loves you...but honestly, someone is always going to get hurt.

    The biggest problem I see is that a lot of people try to look at love and relationships in a logical way. They try to make it fit into some formula or rule set that says "if I do this and this, then they will love me" or "if they do this, then that means this". It just doesn't work that way. Sure it might happen to line up like that every once in a while, but most of the time it is a crap shoot as to what happens. I could go on and on, but that is what a blog is for...not a response to a blog entry.

    Also.....Korea.

    ReplyDelete