November 16, 2008

False Advertising and tales of Grandeur

It is so funny to me when I read a profile and its all about how much someone has and how they are the BEST person you will EVER meet in your entire life. Hmmmm, if they are the BEST person in the world, why are they single and on a dating site? Why hasn't anyone snatched them up already? I just think if you have to go on about yourself THAT damn much, you really aren't that freakin great.

My personal philosophy: Don't talk about it, BE about it.

Just be yourself and the truth will be revealed in due time. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad in ALL cases, but when someone is excessive with the self love talk. Spare me.

REVELATION!

I think this is why my dating and relationship history SUCKS. I can't stand men who talk about themselves, brag about what they have, how well they've always treated their women and spoil them......so I settle for the ones that are the complete opposite of that. The caveat is that they DON'T treat me well and spoil me. Hey - I guess that would make sense. Where is the happy medium?

By George I think I've got it!

The fact remains though - If they've treated their women so well and always spoiled them....where did these women go and why the freak am I on the other end of the conversation hearing this garbage?!

OK so my action items:
  • Find and date a man that can't shut up about how much money he has/makes and how many "toys" he has.
  • Find and date a man that can't shut up about how well he treats his woman, you know, massages, shopping, cooking, bubble baths.
  • Find and date a man that talks about both of the above ALL THE TIME and never shuts up.
There was one that had potential. Bobby Big Ears, remember Bobby Big Ears Esquire? He couldn't shut up about how much money he made last year. 200k+ to be exact. Oh and he swore he was going to take me to the Dooney store and tighten up my purse collection. Not once did he ask a DAMN thing about me, my life, where I worked, what I liked to do.......Hmmmmm, where is Bobby Big Ears? Maybe he deserves some time?

No comments:

Post a Comment