November 18, 2008

Beauty and the Geek

Where I fit into the "Beauty and the Geek" remains to be seen.

Digression...

My new approach, looks and snazzy attire aren't everything. Through every experience I've had the more a man cares about how he looks, the better he smells and the more name brands he has, the worse he treats me. It's like Murphy's backwards ass law of relative dating fluff. WUT?! So I've changed my repertoire. So what if you buy your outfits at Costco, I don't give a damn. So what if you have a collection of Star Wars figurines, just make sure Chewbacca makes noise. So what if you get drunk off of a single Bartles and Jaymes Fuzzy Navel wine cooler, you're a cheap date - AWESOME.

2 comments:

  1. Internet dating - don't you just love it? Good to hear it's no different your side of the pond...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I both take offense and applaud you. While I do like Jos. A. Bank and Brooks Brothers clothes and own about 25 colognes (yes, there is an actual reason) I am also, as evident to anyone around me for more than 13 seconds, a HUGE geek.

    In general, I agree with your new approach. I know girls who only date based on what the guy looks like and/or what he can buy her. That has always led to about 2 weeks of fun and then out the door. I think as long as the other person makes you happy, then who cares if he has mismatched socks under is sandals or wears a real bow tie with a tuxedo t-shirt?

    The only pitfall I have found is that you have to ask yourself if this person is actually into you or if they are into the fact that there is someone there to watch them play WoW now?

    ReplyDelete