March 26, 2009

Bang Bang in my Dryer

Normally I put a load of clothes in the dryer before I turn in for the night so I have a clean pair of underwear in the morning to slide over my butt cheeks after I shower and because the dryer is on the way to my bedroom. Well, the other day, I go through the motions, get upstairs, get settled and notice:

BANG....BANG....BANG.....BANG.....


WTF? I didn't wash any sneakers. I sit for a few minutes thinking its jeans that got bunched up, because I did wash those, and a few more spins will un-bunch them and the BANG BANG will stop. No such luck.

Investigation time. It's midnight thirty, and I'm removing wet clothing, one piece at a time from the dryer to determine the culprit. Hmmmm,
it's not the clothes genius, I say to myself. I do some research because I'm kinda nerdy like that. Apparently something is wrong with the drum or band causing the BANG BANG.

Long story short, I schedule an appointment with Sears for a dryer service call to fix my BANG BANG. They give me a window of 8am to 5pm. I guess they expect me to sit home all day and wait for Mr. Maytag to come rolling up with his wrench to stop the BANG BANG. It's not like I have to go to work or anything to earn money to pay for the repairs.


EDIT: It wasn't the drum or band. The repairman came out and I paid 60 dollars for the service call. He explained that the 60 included investigating what the problem was. If I should choose to have repairs once the problem was identified it could be up to 120 (possibly more).....and no I don't have the equipment coverage (this all would have been covered if I did have the coverage plan). Turns out a penny got lodged in the drum area causing the obnoxious noise. It came loose when repairman was trying to identify the problem, thus correcting the issue. Needless to say, my washer/dryer is going on 2 years old now. I opted for the coverage plan so if the shit does poop out on me, I don't have to pay for service calls - It's covered! Especially considering the age of the set and what I learned from the research I did, well the band might snap. They can come out and fix it for me and I don't have to worry about cost, its covered.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe he'll be hot... so after he fixes it he can put you on the washer and well...

    ReplyDelete