February 18, 2009

Patience is a Virtue

I admit I am impatient......However my impatience comes in spurts. In one situation I can sit and wait patiently and in another, maybe even similar situation - just a different day, I will literally pluck strands of hair and gouge my eyeballs out with a rusty spoon - simultaneously. It's a toss up.

I had my yearly "female check up", yeah the wonderful OB-GYN. After sitting for a good 30 minutes in the waiting area, I finally get called back. The nurse does her routine...

"First day of your last menstrual cycle?"

Fucking SHIT - why do I ALWAYS draw a blank when these people ask me to remember this crap. You know its a good doctors office if they have a HUGE calendar in the triage area.

"On any medications?"

Ok you get the point....

I’m ushered into the room with the dreaded stirrups....nice. I think to myself "I hope I remembered to wear my nice green and white striped socks today"

"Get undressed; put this on, opening to the back and have a seat, Doc will be with you in just a moment"

10 minutes - no doc......

20 minutes - no doc..........

30 minutes - sitting buck ass nekkid with my socks on and a paper gown - no doc ......

I get up and walk across the room to the chair that I've piled my clothing on and start to get dressed because I'm tired of waiting, I'm about to leave. As I do this the Doc opens the door to tell me "I will be RIGHT in". Of course I'm startled so I RUN back to the table and throw my clothes across the room onto the chair. I hear the Doc outside the door asking the nurse.....

"Why are there clothes flying across this exam room?"

1 comment:

  1. LMFAO!!! yes I will admit to having done that before... by that I mean wonder if I have on good socks and to add to that making sure that my panties are nicely folded and in the pocket of my jeans lol. Anyway, hilarious! Why are clothes flying across the room?! LMFAO

    ReplyDelete