December 14, 2008

The original Road Dawg

Is it REALLY true that once you move past a relationship - i.e. it fails, that it will never work again? Why revisit? It FAILED! I do tend to agree, but the optimist and hopeless romantic in me tends to disagree, contrary to every logical bone in my body.

The other night, I went out for a few drinks...I walk into the establishment and being my normal random self, I point towards the bar as I cruise right by the hostess. In my head, my pointing and non-stop walking was supposed to let her know that "Hey woman, no need to say anything, I'm about to go sit my ass down at the bar and order a drink, no need to ask me how many in my party - smoking or non?” I do that a lot; I have these elaborate thoughts in my head and fail to speak them. I should probably work on that:

*Note to self - have voice in head speak up more often - Step #1 for more effective communication.

As I’m pointing, I notice that I'm pointing right at this guy sitting on the other side of the bar by himself. In addition to my pointing motion, being my normal random self, I also have this big cheesy smile on my face. This guy obviously thinks I'm smiling and pointing at him. It took a lot to contain my laughter. He was pretty cute. And I’m sure he thought I was a goof.....

Digress.

Anyway, point is, I ran into an old friend, we were tight back in the day, like years of tightness. He has changed in a very good way, I’m impressed. Unfortunate that he's married now. Not for him of course, definitely for me. Very funny how things happen, how life happens. People don’t wait, life doesn’t wait. Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment