September 5, 2008

Too little too late?

A dozen roses, a teddy bear, an apology poem? Is it all in vain? It certainly seems that way. I'm sure the remorse and regret are there NOW, just as the huge ego and conceit were there all along. The certainty that I would never go anywhere when I was being played like a fool and taken for granted. It was so set in stone that I was the rock that would never move no matter what storm came through.

This is all so much deeper though.


Please believe I'm not a bible thumper or a fanatically religious person at all. I just tend to read passages when I need guidance or go through a hard time, because hey, like most people I do believe in a higher power - and believing in something gets us all through rough times. Last one I read was about forgiveness. We should forgive people not seven, but up to seventy-seven times. I can definitley forgive - in time, but does forgiving mean that I can go on and be with that person again? Can someone truly change?

No comments:

Post a Comment